Java programming language was developed at Sun Microsystems in 1990 under the guidance of James Gosling and Bill Joy. Java follows the OOP concept. It is used for android app development and software development.
• Java programming language was developed at Sun Microsystems in 1990 under the guidance of James Gosling and Bill Joy.
• Later it was taken by Oracle Corporation.
• It was designed to be a machine-independent language that is both safe enough to traverse networks and powerful enough to replace native executable code.
• Nowadays, Java is getting advance and has swung a sophisticated toolkit for building a graphical user interface.
Features of JAVA:
• OBJECT-ORIENTED: Being an object-oriented programming language, every code in java is wrapped around a class and its objects i.e we cannot write a program without using classes.
• MACHINE INDEPENDENT: Unlike other programming languages like c and c++, java is compiled into a platform-independent byte code that can be executed on any machine.
• SECURE AND PORTABLE: Java source code(.java extension) is compiled into byte code(.class extension) that is safe and can run on any machine that has Java Virtual Machine installed in it. Thus the byte code makes Java secure and portable.
Java Virtual Machine(JVM) is an abstract machine that provides a runtime environment that executes the byte code.
• ROBUST: Since there is no concept of pointers, java is much more secure and has the ability to utilize the memory efficiently.
• MULTITHREADED: Being a multithreaded language, java program can perform more than one function simultaneously thus this feature serves as a key for developing interactive applications using java.
• DYNAMIC: Java is more dynamic than c and c++ because it is the byte code that makes java dynamic and helps it in adapting an evolving environment.
Pathway to master JAVA:
It's highly recommended to complete this course till the end as we will get into the detail of every topic and try to bring forth all the knowledge you seek in the best possible way.
Steps to be followed to get a strong grip on JAVA:
• Get yourself familiar with the basics.
• Cover each and every concept properly.
• Deep dive into the concepts.
• Solve questions simultaneously.
• Learning programming takes time so do not get frustrated if you are stuck at any question.
• Look for different resources to solve the question.
• Research is very important so always try to update your knowledge house by doing research about various topics that you study.
• While completing this course start solving questions on https://www.hackerrank.com/
Best of luck with your journey to learn JAVA.